Friday, September 11, 2015

Magma, Ruffi-Ann stars at Redbones Café

Reggae music is like fine wine, it gets better with age. Such was the feeling for the very attentive crowd, at the recently held Live Reggae show featuring Prince Alla and Kiddus I in Concert on Saturday, September 5 at Red Bones Café, in New Kingston.

 The event, co-organized by Green Fa Life and Redbones, made its debut with a mixture of old and new Reggae energy with Bermudan reggae star Magma and female sensation Ruffi-Ann leading the charge.

Magma, whose real name is Adam Mayo, delivered a stirring set with favourites such as Emanuel, Love Life and particularly Mother and Child Reunion. A new single, Hay Now, released last month on his own label Molten Rock also received a warm reception. His four-song segment was melodic and harmonious.

The Reggae firestorm said he was especially impressed with the audiences’ attentiveness. “I feed off the crowd’s energy when I am on stage and the crowd gave so much love. They absorbed the music and connected with my message and I give thanks for that. I can stand my own but it gives you more energy when the crowd is energetic and that was the case tonight,” he said. 

Ruffi-Ann’s Save the Juvenile ignited the crowd and opened a very fiery set for the Reggae singer who paved the way for the more seasoned Donovan Josephs. K Vibes and Hugh English.  Patrons were enthralled by Prince Alla and Kiddus I who delivered a natural uplifting Reggae set.

The artistes were supported by the backing band Inna De Yard Band.

No comments: