For over 21 years Reggae Sumfest has left no stone unturned to bring music’s best international performers to Jamaica. Some of these top appearances include:
- Ben E. King and Harold Melvin & the Bluenotes: American Soul singer Ben E. King, the soulful R&B group Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes performed at the inaugural staging of Reggae Sumfest in 1993. King had the crowd echoing his popular song Stand By Me while Melvin and the Bluenotes had the crowd moving along to their choreography and lyrics.
- Rihanna: The Bajan beaut delivered an electrifying performance in 2006 with the energy-god Elephant Man. The Umbrella singer also teased the crowd with the debut of the Reggae version to her Unfaithful single, among a number of chart topping hits.
- Usher: The American heartthrob had the ladies screaming all night as he performed at the 2010 staging of Reggae Sumfest. The crowd was in utter excitement as he gave them a series of sensational chart-topping hits but it was his dancehall collaboration with fellow American rapper Chris Brown and dancehall’s energy-god Elephant Man that brought them into a musical frenzy.
- Nicki Minaj: International sensation Nicki Minaj and her dancers ignited the crowd with their bodacious moves and theatrics in 2010. The Trinidadian born artiste gave the crowd a sample of her Caribbean dialect but it was hits such as Dungeon Dragon, Did It On Em, Itty Bitty Piggy, Bedrock and Bottoms Up that brought down the house on International Night 2 of the festival.
- Flo Rida: Flo Rida's love for Jamaica finally materialized when he performed at Reggae Sumfest in 2013. The high-spirited artiste had the crowd jumping in cohesion to his songs as he delivered hit after hit. Flo Rida blew the minds of the audience when he did a crowd surf, travelling through the masses on the shoulders of his bodyguard's while still performing one of his hits.
Other international acts that have left their stamp on the Reggae Sumfest stage include Miguel, Keisha Cole, Alicia Keys, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Akon, Lionel Richie and Ciara. These multi-award winning artistes have already paved the way for this year's international act, Wiz Khalifa. The Black & Yellow singer has been confirmed to perform at this year's Reggae Sumfest on July 13-19 in Montego Bay. Wiz Khalifa will be joined by Jamaican sweetheart and the 2014 winner of The Voice, Tessanne Chin.