Tuesday, May 28, 2013

UK in for a Double Dose of Sean Paul

Multi-platinum, multi Grammy Award winning Jamaican superstar Sean Paul continues to make his presence felt in the United Kingdom. Just months after dominating the UK singles chart with his What About Us collaboration with girl group ‘The Saturdays’, Sean Paul headlines two UK shows June 5 and 6. The London O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire, a music venue in London, England run by Academy Music Group, sees the superstar on Wednesday June 5 before he heads over to the Manchester Ritz on Thursday June 6.

The artiste has been making waves with his successes, his most recent, to become the first and only Jamaican artiste to have had 22 singles in the top ten positions on the UK singles chart. This feat was accomplished when What About Us shot to the #1 position on the UK singles chart and gained week one sale in excess of 100,000 units.

Sean Paul, who has done over 25 collaborations, thinks working with other artistes aids in the development of young talents and also enhances the careers of more experienced artistes.

“I’m always looking for new talent and people to have me feeling fresh about my music, about the stuff I’m doing and sometime collaborations come into play. This was one of them. The Saturdays’ track was presented to me with a request for a remix and I agreed. Thank you to my fans that made the single a great success,” Sean said.

The Jamaican artiste, who will be touring in Europe, is set to treat his fans in London and Manchester, England to a feast of hits from his Tomahawk Technique album as well as some of the earlier tracks that established him as one of the greatest Jamaican entertainers worldwide. Sean Paul is known for smash hits like, Deport Them, Gimmie The Light, Like Glue, We Be Burnin and Temperature.

“I love performing in the UK. It is like performing all over the world in one place, because there are so many different cultures,” Sean said. “My UK fans show me a lot of love and I love them back,” he commented.
Sean Paul goes on tour in Europe with new band, Badda Bandz and dancers in support of Tomahawk Technique, starting in Bern, Switzerland on Friday, May 17.

No comments: