Saturday, May 17, 2008

Ziggi: In Transit

Still searching and exploring his path in music Reggae artiste Ziggi is In transit in his latest album. Known as Holland’s number one reggae artiste Ziggi, born as Ricardo Blijden, was born in the Caribbean on the beautiful island of St Eustatius.

Given the nickname ‘Ziggi’ by his grandparents, who raised the youngster, Ziggi arrived in Holland in 2001 where he first pursued his interest in music. Ziggi elaborated on how he got involved in music “I got started in music through a couple of friends of mine when I came to Holland. That’s how I came to participate in music, soon I ended up at the studio of Mr Rude and since then I got a chance to develop my music.”

Mr Rude, the owner of the independent label Rock ‘N’ Vibes, soon saw the talent in the aspiring artiste. By early 2006 Ziggi debuted his talent to the world with his first album So Much Reasons. This according to Ziggi was his first big break in the music as he explained “when I was in Holland and was given the chance to have an album released and had a number of my songs on di radio getting a lot of airplay which lead to a lot of popularity.”

According to Ziggi his first album did extremely well having only initially released in the Netherlands where he won five awards such as ‘Best Live Act’ and ‘Best Artiste.’ The album also saw the artiste getting featured on a number of shows across Europe. Ziggi and the Renaissance band closed off 2007 on a peak by going along as the official act on what was considered the biggest reggae tour that year, Gentleman’s Another Intensity European Tour 2007.

This year Ziggi has moved on to new heights by making changes to his signature sound. According to Ziggi his new album is something fresh, reggae music but with a bit more dancehall influence. “I feel like compared to my first album this is more dancehall, I feel like I’m doing different music now so its ‘in transit’ from the music I used to so” Ziggi explained.

Having spent time recently in Jamaica, Ziggi got the opportunity to work with a number of local talents. He said “coming to Jamaica was definitely good, it’s the mecca of reggae, I got to meet a lot of artistes and a lot of radio people who will be trying to spread the name of Ziggi to Jamaica.”

Having worked with Gentleman among other artistes on this album Ziggi feels that ‘In Transit promises to be another good album. The album will be in stores by September of 2008. In the meanwhile Ziggi is continuing to establish his name as an International reggae artiste.

Click on link to watch Need to tell you this

No comments: